I am Matthew John Dixon Sodoma, preferring to be called Matt Sodoma.
One of the toughest questions you can ask someone. I am many things. I am and have been an entrepreneur, writer, web designer, search engine optimization specialist, supply management and logistic specialist through TM logistics for John Deere Ag & Turf, customer service and sales rep for Kaplan University and US Bank, and a heavy machine operator for Monsanto Seed Company to name a few.
I received my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a focus on human learning through Wartburg College and my Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the close rival, University of Dubuque. At Wartburg, I played football my freshmen year, middle linebacker, and received the Wartburg football newcomer of the year award and was a candidate for the all-athlete freshmen of the year award. Before Wartburg, I had the honor of playing in the 2006 Iowa Shrine All-Star Game. I also received honors on the Division 3 team of the week in my first full game Wartburg. But…the atmosphere was not for me.
Shortly after quitting football, I joined the golf team and did not have as much success, but enjoyed my time and worked hard. I received the Wartburg Men’s Golf Coaches’ Award for outstanding character, doing the right thing, and work ethic.
After graduating from Wartburg, I wanted to continue my education, but did not get into the Iowa grad schools for neuroscience, mostly due to lack of effort in my applications. Looking back on it, I would not have let me in either. My resume was short, non-descriptive, and awful. I only sent in 2 of the 3 letters of recommendation and my test scores were only mediocre. Months later, I decided business was for me. I always had a knack for making money and wanted to work for myself. I joined the MBA program and decided to start my own business.
What interests me
- Fitness – I want to be fit. Be fit for me, be fit for my family, and be fit for my friends. I owe it to them and I owe it to myself to put quality fuel into my body. I also dabble with the Beachbody workout programs. Team Beachbody
- Eating – to eat things that I love and that are healthy for me. A quest to help others and myself learn what they should eat and what they love to eat.
- Technology – to stay up to date and in the know with new technology. Stay up-to-date with internet technology at Day to Day: Live Free
- Book reviews – arm yourself with knowledge. Knowledge will stay with you, and the more in-grained the knowledge is the more difficult it is to lose (unless some unforeseen event happens). Know what you love. I hate accepting that I do not understand the fundamentals or underlying concepts of how things work. Read book reviews here.
- Communication – learning foreign languages for future travel. Communication is key, the ability to communicate is possibly the single most important skill a person can have. Ever wonder why successful entrepreneurs are such good speakers? If you need a speaker for an event, click here to work with me.
- Freedom – never let anyone infringe on your freedoms or even the freedoms that you did not know you had (because they have already taken them). Too many organizations hold power within local, state, and federal governments and carry-out unconstitutional acts with no consequences. Fight for what you believe and let others know about it. You will find support.
- Travel – I can’t remember where I read this but it went something like this; “I used to sit and wonder why birds sat in the same trees every day when they could fly anywhere in the world. Then I looked at myself and wondered the same.” Our world is vast and has many mysteries – mysteries that are much more important than your cubicle. Help me admire, discover, and study the mysteries of the world.
- Animals – I have always been an avid animal lover. From dogs, to whales, to more exotic animals like Giraffes. They intrigue me and in the future, I would love to work with them.
- Psychology – I do not know what I want from Psychology, but the study of the mind has always intrigued me. Possibly because it is so mysterious, similar to the mysteriousness of our existence. Find out more about Psychology in my blog Just Starting – Matthew Sodoma.
Here are 50 things that I would like to do in my lifetime. This is an important exercise to me and I highly recommend it for figuring out what you want in life.
Thank you for reading this and take a look around the site. If you cannot find the information you are looking for you can contact me with questions here Contact Me
- Matthew Sodoma
Twitter – Follow @MattSodoma